Dear Fellow Members of Burleigh Golf Club,
Welcome to a new Membership year at Burleigh Golf Club. As we write this notice, the Annual Report for the 2018/19 financial year is being prepared and will be available to Members in early September. This will report on the trading results for the past year which pleasingly has been another profitable and successful year for the Club.
Thank you for your patience and understanding of the work that has occurred and is currently ongoing in relation to the installation of our new irrigation system. The feedback and positive comments from Members have been encouraging, and we remain on track for completion of the installation in October.
At the beginning of August, we will review and assess our position in relation to Membership numbers now that the renewal period for subscriptions for the 2019/20 year has been completed. This review will consider the number of Members who have resigned or whose Membership has lapsed and we will begin to offer Memberships to the almost 90 applicants on the waiting list to join the Club.
Commencing Construction of The Verge at Burleigh G.C.
On Monday 12 August 2019, work will begin on the “enabling works” on and around the 10th hole which are required before construction of the first stage of The Verge development can begin. These works will occur over a 14-week period and will include the following:
- Alteration of the tee area to a single long tee box, marginally smaller than the first tee box, with a small tee box at the front for social golf. The tee will be lowered to a single height, approximately 3.4m lower than the existing Blue Tee box
- The new teeing area will have a sandstone wall at the back and right of the tee with a new concrete path and landscaping
- Several trees will be removed from the left side of the fairway to redirect play away from the development
- The cart path on the 10th fairway will also be moved further to the left to accommodate the new line of play
- Mature trees will be planted to the right of the fairway at the bend in the hole to assist in redirecting play away from the development
- The front left bunker will be filled in, shaped and turfed
There are several other alterations occurring to the hole to accommodate the development:
- The pond on the right of the hole will be filled-in
- Tree clearing will commence in the area leased to RetireAustralia
- Protective netting will be installed down the right side of the hole to a height of 30m
- Earth fill will be placed in the low section of the fairway immediately in front of the tee. This will assist the overland flow of water to the west, together with a swale drain installed to the right of the fairway
- Hutchison Builders will establish site facilities at the western end of the lease area
Images of the hole and tee area can be seen on the following pages. During these works the 10th hole will be played as a shorter hole and as a par 3 when required. This is to ensure that wayward golf balls do not jeopardise the safety of workers on the site.
On behalf of the Board and staff, I again thank Members for their patience and understanding of the disruptions caused by the construction of the greenkeepers shed, installation of the new irrigation system, and the soon to be commenced enabling works on the 10th hole. These works will be completed during the three months of Spring and we are confident that a good growing season during this period will help the course recover quickly from the works being undertaken.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in raising these with me or our General Manager, Ian Cottle. Alternatively, you can email them to email@example.com
I look forward to seeing you on the course and around the clubhouse.
President – Burleigh Golf Club